Warning: Last items in stock!
After the cooperation of DT Swiss and SWISS SIDE for the development of the ARC 1000 Dicut® wheels has set new standards in aerodynamics, the ARC 1400 Dicut® 48 wheelset now offers even more riders to benefit from the possibilities DT Swiss aero wheels offer. The aerodynamic properties of the ARC 1400 Dicut® wheels are absolutely identical with ARC 1100 Dicut® Series wheels. You can’t see any difference at first sight, as they are only in the detail or, to be more precise, in the specification of the spokes and hubs – as well as in the waterslide rim decals with the respective product name, of course.
The DT Swiss ARC 1400 Dicut® 48 wheel shows its full potential when it’s getting tough, e.g. on hilly and winding stretches and in strong crosswind. In addition, the 48 mm deep aero rim, high stiffness and a low weight help you roll the terrain in the peloton to save energy before launching your final attack at the right time. The wheels offer excellent handling, which makes them the perfect choice for all smaller & lighter riders who don’t want to do without aero wheels.
The AERO+ carbon rim that was developed based on sophisticated, computer aided simulations and numerous wind tunnel tests is just one part of the entire aerodynamic wheel system optimised for use in combination with classic rim brakes. Very resistant to wind shear and crosswinds, the rims quickly rotate around legendary DT 240s hubs with outstanding bearings and the proven 18L ratchet freewheel system for maximum efficiency and outstanding power transfer. Bladed DT Swiss aero comp® straight pull spokes make sure the entire system offers a perfect balance of stiffness and comfort and DT ProLock hidden aluminium nipples inside the rims additionally ensure minimum air turbulence. Together, spokes and nipples significantly reduce rotational drag – e.g. the aerodynamic drag created by rim, spokes and nipples when the wheel rotates in the air that contributes up to 25% to the total aerodynamic drag.
Excellent tubeless compatibility provides less weight, improved puncture resistance, lower rolling resistance and more comfort when equipped with tubeless tyres. To get the most effective system overall onto the road, DT Swiss recommends combining the ARC 1400 Dicut® 48 wheels with a 23mm tyre at the front and a 25mm tyre at the rear.
• Rim material: carbon
• Rim type: clincher
• Rim width/depth: 25 mm/ 48 mm
• Carbon rim flange
• For Presta valve
• Tubeless ready
• Spoke type front wheel: DT aero comp® straight pull
• Spoke type rear wheel: left: DT aero comp® straight pull
• Number of spokes: front: 20 pcs/rear: 24 pcs
• Spoke nipples: DT ProLock hidden aluminium
• Lacing: front: radial
• Lacing: rear: radial (left), 3-cross (right)
• Front hub: • 2 sealed cartridge bearings, Dicut®
• Rear hub: 4 sealed cartridge bearings, 240s, Ratchet System 18T, Dicut®
• For rim brakes
• Compatible with 7/8/9/10/11 speed Shimano/SRAM
• Front axle: 5 x 100 mm (quick release)
• Rear axle: 5 x 130 mm (quick release)
• Max. system weight: 100 kg (cyclist, bike, gear and luggage)
• ETRTO: 622 x 17 C
• Weight: approx. 1577 g (set); approx. 719 g (front wheel); approx. 858 g (rear wheel)
In the box:
• DT Swiss ARC 1400 Dicut® 48 carbon wheels
• RWS steel quick release
• Swiss Stop Black Prince carbon brake pads
• Tubeless Ready rim tape
• Tubeless valves
|Rim depth||30mm - 50mm|